Calories: 355 per serving
Up your culinary game and try cooking our Asparagus and Curry Egg Casserole using the ‘Bain Marie’ technique. By placing your cooking container into a larger container holding hot water, you can create a pillowy bed of curried egg whites for your crisp asparagus and rich-tasting ham.
- 24 egg whites
- 3/4 lbs ham, cooked and cubed
- 8 cups asparagus
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 4 tsp curry paste
- Cook asparagus in salted, boiling water until tender.
- Lightly mix egg whites with curry paste and seasoning. Pour into oiled casserole dish with cubed ham.
- Place in bain-marie, in a 375-degree oven for 10 minutes or until egg whites are set.
- Place asparagus in an oven-safe dish. Baste with olive oil and garlic. Salt and pepper.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until hot.
- TO PLATE: Top eggs with asparagus.
- NOTE: A Bain Marie is a cooking container holding hot water, into which a pan is placed for slow cooking. Usually used in the oven.